Wellbeing – Coping MechanismsFeb 10, 2022 2023-06-20 10:10
Wellbeing – Coping Mechanisms
Aims of this session
- WHAT are Coping Mechanisms?
- WHY are Coping Mechanisms relevant to us?
- WHY do we do things we don’t want to do?
- HOW can we deal with challenges in a healthier way?
- WHERE can I make changes in my own life?
At the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Understand the role coping mechanisms play.
- Have an insight into how our values can conflict.
- Takeaway useful strategies to move forward.
- Reflect upon your own life and how you cope.
Meet Your Instructor
Qualified counsellor (PGDip) and a member of BACP (MBACP). Ruth splits her work between Private Practice and in Primary Care Mental Health for NHS Wales.“My work is based on an Integrative Model, meaning I vary the approach depending on the unique needs of my clients. I see the therapeutic journey as just that, a journey which I am privileged to join. I don’t believe it is about giving answers or quick fixes but offering a safe space for the client to explore themselves more fully. I love people and drinking tea – and I am lucky that my job allows me to combine both!”
Drop us a line
Whether you want to talk about our mental health first aid courses, wellness series, or simply say hello - we'd love to hear from you.
Fill in your details with a message and we'll get back to you within a few days.