Wellbeing – Diversity & Cultural InclusionJun 23, 2022 2023-06-20 10:10
Wellbeing – Diversity & Cultural Inclusion
Diversity & Cultural Inclusion
Aims of this session
- To gain an understanding why diversity and cultural inclusion is important
- To be curious about, and challenge our own assumptions about cultural differences
- To raise awareness of the mental and emotional impact of being excluded
- To promote the recognition of diverse individuals; their unique qualities, strengths, and needs
At the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Recognise and reflect on our own cultural biases
- Be open to exploring new and unfamiliar cultural territory
- Be aware of practical ways we can become culturally and diversity competent
Meet Your Instructor
Norman is an addictions counsellor and trainer. He has more than 20 years’ experience
working with addictions and mental health and in the training and supervision of
counsellors in the addictions field.
Norman is passionate about helping people to be their most authentic self and is adamant
that within every individual is the ability to heal and grow with the right guidance and
Drop us a line
Whether you want to talk about our mental health first aid courses, wellness series, or simply say hello - we'd love to hear from you.
Fill in your details with a message and we'll get back to you within a few days.