Wellbeing – Loss and GriefFeb 10, 2022 2023-06-20 10:11
Wellbeing – Loss and Grief
Loss and Grief
Aims of this session
- To understand grief as a concept
- To look at the stages of grief and question – are they really that neat?
- To engage with modern theories.
- To reflect on things that impact our grieving.
- To look at our own self-car
At the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Reflect on the grief process with an understanding of modern theories.
- Reflect on our own blockers.
- Be mindful of our own self-care.
Meet Your Instructor
Qualified counsellor (PGDip) and a member of BACP (MBACP). Ruth splits her work between Private Practice and in Primary Care Mental Health for NHS Wales.
“My work is based on an Integrative Model, meaning I vary the approach depending on the unique needs of my clients. I see the therapeutic journey as just that, a journey which I am privileged to join. I don’t believe it is about giving answers or quick fixes but offering a safe space for the client to explore themselves more fully. I love people and drinking tea – and I am lucky that my job allows me to combine both!”
Drop us a line
Whether you want to talk about our mental health first aid courses, wellness series, or simply say hello - we'd love to hear from you.
Fill in your details with a message and we'll get back to you within a few days.