Wellbeing – NeurodiversityFeb 17, 2023 2023-06-20 10:13
Wellbeing – Neurodiversity
Learning objectives are:
- To define Neurodiversity.
- To celebrate and look at a strengths-based approach focusing on inclusivity.
- To explore the benefits and challenges of neurodiversity.
- To explore strategies for support and inclusivity – focusing on what is strong not what is wrong.
- Have a greater understanding of neurodiversity.
- Be reflective on their work environment for inclusivity and strengths opportunities.
Meet Your Instructor
Frances Akinde is a former headteacher of a Secondary Special School (11-19) for learners with Autism and associated difficulties and a qualified SENCO. Over the last 20 years, she has worked in a variety of roles across primary, secondary, special/Alternative Provision and local authority, from Art/Design Technology teacher to an SLCN advisory teacher liaising with speech and language therapists across a local authority.
Drop us a line
Whether you want to talk about our mental health first aid courses, wellness series, or simply say hello - we'd love to hear from you.
Fill in your details with a message and we'll get back to you within a few days.